With governments failing to take action to reverse, or even stop climate change, Local councils can play a key role in leading the climate emergency response.
Our ultimate aim is a national declaration of a Climate & Environmental Emergency with its ability to unlock all the required policy changes and funds for a rapid climate emergency mobilisation, but local councils can start the ball rolling by demonstrating successful climate emergency initiatives at the local level.
Whether your Council has declared a 'Climate Emergency' yet or not, we all need to share ideas and information to ensure that urgent, effective action is taken.
- Taking urgent steps to reduce carbon emissions to zero by 2030.
- What we need to do and practical ideas about how we achieve this, including divestment, renewable energy, energy saving, carbon neutral transport.
- Local Planning & Climate Change.
- Campaigning strategies to get your Council to declare a 'Climate Emergency'.
- How to engage with politicians on Climate Change.
- How to engage the whole community including Businesses, Industry, Institutions, Residents, Schools, Further & Higher Education.
- Effective Climate Change Communication
- Developing a 'Green New Deal'
Speakers & Workshop Leaders: (confirmed so far):
- Paul Allen, Centre for Alternative Technology & Zero Carbon Britain
- Sam Hunter Jones, Lawyer, Client Earth
- Andrew Simms, Author, Political Economist and Campaigner, Rapid Transition Alliance
- Alan Simpson, Shadow Chancellor's Advisor on Sustainable Economics
- Hazel Graham, Chief Executive, Cumbria Action for Sustainability
- Natalie Bennett, Former Leader, Green party.
- Cllr Simon Pickering, Chair of Environment Committee, Stroud District Council
- Cllr. Gina Dowding, Lancashire County Council (Pension Fund Committee)
- Dr. Rebecca Willis, Convenor, Green Alliance Climate Leadership programme for MPs
- Phil Brennan, Head of APSE Energy
- Clara Paillard, PCU, Climate Jobs Campaign
- Dr. Jan Maskell, Scientists for Global Responsibility
Councillors, Council Leaders and Officers, Community, Climate & Political Activists (all ages & Parties).
Please register even if you can't make it, so that you can participate in the online networking and also recieve audio/video from the event.
The Conference Fee doean't include food which will be available from local suppliers and paid for separately. Also there are great cafes nearby.
Lancaster, LA1 1PJ
|Can't attend (join in networking)||£ 0.00|